[tor-relays] big spike in cpu usage

Miłosz Gaczkowski milosz at omgomg.eu
Sun Apr 7 10:47:05 UTC 2013

On 07/04/2013 08:12, N Owen Gunden wrote:
> Does tor traffic generally fluctuate a lot with time of day?

I'm pretty new to tor, but in my experience it does fluctuate quite a
lot. With my settings of:

RelayBandwidthRate 1536 KB
RelayBandwidthBurst 2048 KB

it tends to switch between two "modes": hogging all of 1.5MiB/s of
bandwidth very consistently (and using a lot of CPU power), and dancing
somewhere between 0.5MiB/s-1MiB/s (and using hardly any CPU). It seems
pretty regular to me, usually hogging between 14:00 and 24:00 UTC and
getting more relaxed outside of these times.