[tor-relays] big spike in cpu usage

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sat Apr 6 13:17:26 UTC 2013

On 05.04.2013 19:50, Owen Gunden wrote:
> Digging deeper, I've seen these messages pop up from time to time over
> the last 30 days or so, but not consistently, and I've never noticed the
> cpu pegged (but it could have happened, I don't use the machine that often).

In most cases, Tor spits out this message when it hits the CPU (core)
limit. You might want to use munin or something similar to track
CPU/memory usage over time.

Depending on the actual VPS limits, 250kb/s and/or 500kb/s burst might
be too much for the slice. There's not much you can do about it then (as
far as I know). If the VPS is OpenVZ based, check /proc/user_beancounters.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/