[tor-relays] On the way to more diversity

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Apr 4 05:55:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 04.04.2013 06:37, Andreas Krey wrote:
> How much traffic is expected on a obfs3 bridge?
> (I guess it heavily depends on how and where they are announced,
> esp. as bundle defauls... I have some dozen GB/month to spare.)

Usage patterns differ a lot from bridge to bridge, even if they are
distributed via the same channel: Some bridges reach heavy users, others
reach people who try out Tor for some minutes...

You can configure the bridge (like any other Tor relay) to
hibernate as soon as your traffic limit is reached.

> And do obfs3 bridge help that are run on IPs
> also used for regular relays?

I would guess that countries that block Tor block all public Tor relay IPs.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/