[tor-relays] Directory Port Reachability Test Failed?

R C rgc.srvradm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 21:06:32 UTC 2012

Dear Mike,

There is a little tidbit in
https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-relay.html.en

"e. Leave Attempt to automatically configure port forwarding clicked. Push
the Test button to see if it works. "

The "Attempt to automatically configure port forwarding" is in the Basic
tab.
This setups the port forwarding automagically via uPnP. It worked last time
I used Vidalia (the GUI) on a Linksys with dd-wrt router. (I have since
manually configured my port forward because I removed Vidalia and am
running bleeding edge tor binaries)

The checks mentioned by the others are useful, but if it doesn't pan out at
least try the automatic method.

All the best,
RgC