[tor-relays] Min. Bandwidth for Bridge Relay?

Jon torance.ca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:28:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM, cmeclax <cmeclax-sazri at ixazon.dynip.com>wrote:

> How often does your IP address change? A bridge's address should change
> every
> few weeks so that censors making lists of bridge addresses can't keep up
> with
> it. My address changes once every few years (the last time was because
> someone
> broke the cable digging up a pipe), so I run a middle relay. Don't run an
> exit
> relay from a home connection; you'll be banned from editing Wikipedia,
> talking
> on IRC, etc.
>
> cmeclax

Why not run an exit relay from home? I have done it for 4 yrs, also i have
no problems getting on IRC with tor, thought it does depend on which
network.

It is just a matter of what one wants to pay/donate to the Tor Project. One
does not have to use a standered home connection, but can use a business
connection, all from home, which also will increase their available
bandwidth.

Jon