[tor-relays] Min. Bandwidth for Bridge Relay?

freeflow at mail.md freeflow at mail.md
Wed Sep 19 15:21:37 UTC 2012

Hi!

I have around 50-60 KB/s of bandwidth that I'd like to use for running
a bridge relay.

Is this a sufficient amount of bandwidth? I ask because it doesn't
seem like very much compared to the amounts that others donate to the
tor network.

Tor documentation suggests as little as 20 KB/s can be used to run a
tor relay but this seems to be a very low badwidth rate.

>From looking at the tor status web page via blutmagie.de it would seem
that there some low bandwidth relays but are these really useful or too
slow to be useful to the tor network?

If someone can confirm that 50-60 KB/s for bridge relay is useful then
I would go ahead & run my bridge relay.

Best regards,