[tor-relays] Subsidizezed relay proposal

Dude ddkhat at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 18:05:11 UTC 2012

I want to share my thoughts and get feedback on operating a sponsored dedicated exit relay.

0.  register a domain name

1.  set up a centos linux based dedicated server at a Tor compatible ISP in the USA
  a.  get myself set up as abuse contact for my IPs (I have worked the abuse alias before)
  b.  "10MB" net connection.  Most 100MB give you around 9 MB actual and 10 MB give you 6MB actual

2. set up a 'mostly public' exit node and run it intermittently while I tune and debug it

3. operate node for a month before submitting receipts for funding

4. add more nodes if this works

I realized I have no assets, so I am going to hold off from creating a LLC type company for financial protection.

Are there any more specifics and how/when subsidies will be released?

Cheers!