[tor-relays] Map of Tor Relays updated

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sat Oct 27 09:46:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

I updated my small Python script that visualize Tor relays on Google
Maps/Earth and OpenStreetMap. You can see the results generated today here:

- All relays (2668):
http://maps.burningsilicon.net/index.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.torservers.net%2Fmisc%2Ftormap%2Ftormap.kml
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fwww.torservers.net%2Fmisc%2Ftormap%2Ftormap.kml

- Exits only (786 plus 153 "fast" exits >2MB/s)
http://maps.burningsilicon.net/index.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.torservers.net%2Fmisc%2Ftormap%2Ftormap-exitsonly.kml
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fwww.torservers.net%2Fmisc%2Ftormap%2Ftormap-exitsonly.kml

- Screenshot Exits only:
https://www.torservers.net/misc/tormap/tormap.png

- Download KML, eg. for use in Google Earth (works best):
https://www.torservers.net/misc/tormap/tormap.kml
https://www.torservers.net/misc/tormap/tormap-exitsonly.kml

- Script: https://github.com/moba/tormap

Colors:
Red: Exits >2MB/s, Green: Exits <2MB/s, Yellow Star: Stable middle nodes
>2MB/s, Yellow: Stable middle nodes <2MB/s, White: Other (unstable)

I used the Maxmind GeoIP CityLite database. The markers might give a
false impression of accuracy. Most IPs can only be tracked to city level
(or even region), ie. the markers are somewhat near, not necessarily at
the real location of the relay.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/