[tor-relays] Announcing the Walla Walla Project

admin admin at wallawallaproject.org
Thu Oct 18 11:29:46 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas, Jacob,

---- On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:40:35 +0200 Andreas Krey  wrote ----

>On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 00:21:57 +0000, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
>> Could you confirm that you do not keep finger grain logs than the
>> following vnstat?
>
>What is the acceptable granularity here?
>
>> http://198.100.153.205/vnstat_m.png
>
>That looks like by month, but the question is rather
>how often the number for the current month is updated.
>Someone interested in the history can just poll that often.

Reading your response, I guess that I totally misunderstood Jacob's actual question (sorry Jacob, I thought you were asking about some mysterious logs other than the vnStat - which we certainly do not generate - and you obviously meant the vnStat itself). I'm German myself and not a native speaker.

To answer sufficiently about the actual vnStat network monitoring: We set these up at all VPSs with standard vnstat configuration and we hourly generate (with vnstati) hourly, daily and monthly stats to the VPS webserver root directory with a cronjob.

So, in fact, hourly, daily and monthly stats all get updated hourly on every VPS individually. Unfortunately Atlas does not provide a convenient way to see the total traffic transmitted/received within a day/month etc and as we have monthly traffic limits in place at sponsors, we decided to use vnStat to have an idea about the actual total traffic transmitted/received.

I hope this answers the question sufficiently?
Thomas