[tor-relays] Announcing the Walla Walla Project

admin admin at wallawallaproject.org
Thu Oct 18 00:56:26 UTC 2012

Hi Jacob,

---- On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 02:21:57 +0200 Jacob Appelbaum  wrote ----

>admin:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm representing the Walla Walla Project, a volunteer initiative that
>> aims to support the Tor network by contributing (exit-)relays and
>> bridges to the network, and I would like to quickly announce today's
>> (initial) launch of our humble project to the Tor relay operator
>> mailinglist.
>
>Wow! Thank you for your contributions.

You're very welcome! Glad you like it. We've been working on this for almost two months now, considering the fundraising at sponsors. We have, btw, some more sponsoring in the pipeline (ongoing discussions)

>> Without any further ado, our project website is available at
>> http://wallawallaproject.org/
>>
>> We certainly very much welcome questions, comments and suggestions!
>>

>Could you confirm that you do not keep finger grain logs than the
>following vnstat?
>
>http://198.100.153.205/vnstat_m.png

Confirmed! We certainly do not keep any logs except the vnStat network monitoring. We decided to set this up as Atlas is a bit inconvenient when it comes to verifying the total amount of traffic transmitted/received within a day/month etc.

>> Have a great day. On behalf of the Walla Walla Project team, Thomas
>>

>Could you publish a PGP key and use HTTPS for your website?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Regarding the SSL certificate, we need to talk to our webhosting sponsor. We're on shared hosting without a dedicated IP address, but I guess a shared SSL certificate should be possible. We'll investigate this.

Regarding the PGP key, this should be achievable quite fast & easy. It went by the board so far to be honest. Too much things to do to actually get the project off the ground. Will be fixed soon.

Best,
Thomas