[tor-relays] Problems Setting up Bridge Relay on AWS

Runa A. Sandvik runa.sandvik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:01:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM,  <freeflow at mail.md> wrote:
> Hi!

Hi,

> When I arrive on the AWS Management Console page my web browser (Firefox
> 15.0.1) presents me with a "Warning: Unresponsive Script" dialogue box. The
> dialogue box explains,
>
> "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You
> can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will
> complete.
>
> Script: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images [snip]...
>
> I chose to persevere & clicked "Continue" on the "Warning: Unresponsive
> Script" dialogue box.
>
> After being presented with another "Warning: Unresponsive Script" dialogue
> box I arrive at the "Choose an AMI" pane of the "Request Instances Wizard"
> which displays the pre-configured settings.
>
> It's at this stage that I begin to get confused...

In the AWS Management Console; change the location of the instance in
the dropdown on the left, choose the option to set up a new instance,
use the default option for the type of wizard to use, then search for
"ami-ffd8d98b" under the community AMI tab. This is the instance for
eu-west-1. When creating a security group, make sure you add port 22,
443, and 52176.

--
Runa A. Sandvik