[tor-relays] Bandwidth and server leads [was: Tor raid]

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 22:36:33 UTC 2012

> From: elijah wright <elw at stderr.org>
> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:38:51 -0600
> Cc: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: Re: William was raided for running a Tor exit node.

> We had a guy (aka potential customer) inquire the other day about hosting a
> Tor exit on our infrastructure the other day;  he disappeared fairly
> quickly when he figured out that we weren't just going to give him an
> endless supply of unmetered 10G bandwidth.  I was looking forward to
> billing him.  :-)

Contemporary mailing list lols aside, I believe you'll find that most
operators in this space are quite serious and professional.

If you're a potential friend of Tor, anonymity networks and the general
thought space around it... and your price [or that of someone you know,
nanog or otherwise, who might be such a friend] was highly competitive,
or even special... I'd be fairly confident that consultation with those on
this list would lead to a sale of said (or related) billable services.

Feel free to forward and/or put any interested parties in touch with this
list or torproject.org.