[tor-relays] setting up a Tor exit node

Julian Yon julian at yon.org.uk
Thu Nov 29 13:46:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:29:11 +0000
kupo at damnfbi.tk wrote:

> I believe the original question was as simple as "how do I act as a
> relay while acting as an exit node"
> the user was confused because when he had selected exit, it unchecked
> the relay checkbox.

If you believe that, then you didn't read it properly. To start
with, he was confused because he couldn't select exit, having
not specified an exit policy. However, I was referring to the original
question leading to this subthread: “You mean I can't make it only
function as an exit node using TBB? or it is no way to make it function
only as an exit node except that I modify the source codes?” (Feel free
to verify that quote if you're in a pedantic mood.) It makes no sense
to me why somebody would want to fire up a, presumably temporary,
exit-only relay.

Incidentally, mailing list threads are much easier to follow if you
don't top-post. I'm sure others will thank you.

Regards,
Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012 at jry.me>