[tor-relays] Deploy relays using hidden exit IP's?

Daniel Case danielcase10 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 18:15:08 UTC 2012

I have a real world example of this. My forum was being abused by several
users all originating from the Tor network, so the first thing I did (and
any sane admin would do) was block Tor access (with a note) for a few hours
while I figured out what to do. I ended up unbloacking the network and
showing Tor users a low-fi version of the forum, and not letting them sign
in without captcha (a simple qualitative question) - reducing load and spam.

But something must be done temporally, I agree that Tor users shouldn't be
blocked permanently but quiet is needed in order to implement a solution
and to get that quiet you need to block at network level, then you can
begin a more permanent mitigation plan.