[tor-relays] DFRI is running two sponsored exits

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Nov 26 13:01:33 UTC 2012

Hi Linus,

> DFRI [1] is running two relays, DFRI0 and DFRI3, which should qualify
> as fast relays as defined by sponsor j.

As far as I know, DFRI as a registered non-profit qualifies for
reimbursement directly from the Tor Project. Andrew is in the process of
writing up a contract with the German Wau Holland Foundation, through
which individuals and other not registered organizations can get reimbursed.

Andrew, my monitoring shows DFRI0 and DRFI3 as qualifying "fast exits"
since today, Nov 26.

> We could technically run bridges too but we would have to discuss this
> internally some more first. Do we really want to take money for running
> entry _and_ exit relays? Isn't that exactly how you'd attack Tor users
> if you had the power, by controlling entry and exit? If we've missed
> some public discussion on this topic, please point us at it.

I understand your worries and would love to see this discussed more.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/