[tor-relays] Deploy relays using hidden exit IP's?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sat Nov 24 12:24:23 UTC 2012

On 24.11.2012 12:46, tagnaq wrote:
>> Shouldn't some exit relays (funded or not) be deployed to use an
>> exit IP that is different from it's advertised exit IP in order to
>> prevent a simplistic form of blocking based on scraping the
>> descriptor set?

I don't think it's a good idea. People are always thankful when I can
point them to the bulk exit list and torDNSel. I point out that Tor has
a lot of users and not all of them are bad, and urge for a temporary
block. Most admins seem to follow that advice.

https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/TorBulkExitList.py
https://www.torproject.org/projects/tordnsel.html.en

--
Moritz Bartl