[tor-relays] tuning MaxAdvertisedBandwidth for CPU

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Sat May 26 21:02:12 UTC 2012

 > When I was operating an exit node...

Maybe I mis-read your original post, but I thought you *were* running an
exit node.  That's really the only scenario that requires a lot of name
resolutions.  An entry or middle nodes doesn't need much DNS traffic
because they are only passing along packets.

An exit node with a lot of connections needs lots of name resolutions,
making fast DNS a necessity.  Whether that's accomplished with a local
caching name server or some nearby name server depends on the resources
you have available to you.