[tor-relays] case law on for exit nodes

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri May 25 17:07:16 UTC 2012

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Letter
>
> I would also like to take this opportunity to display my "I have not
> received an NSL" card.
>
> I think it's still legal to do *that*, right? ;)

Setting aside the inalienability of the hole in our face, some wobbly
strips of flesh, some tubes, bags of air and muscles... I believe the
US Constitution allows us to say whatever the fuck we want, period.
And secondarily, that it trumps a lot of this 911 BS. It just hasn't
been tested on it's face yet. And one well known case where it was,
on later particulars, was won: calyxinstitute.org

If I get a NSL, so long as *I* don't think it's a "national security risk",
I'll speak freely as desired. And if I misjudge resulting in NYC getting
nuked, oh well, we'll rebuild and do a little hunting of our own.

They'd be better off telling the recipients what's up. Even Joe
Sixpack can keep secrets and want to take part, if he's informed.
As opposed to "trust us".

> Maybe we should get a legal opinion on if these things can
> actually be arbitrarily coercive in nature.

Yes. Though it seems more for ACLU than EFF.

Yes, I have seen one, it was boring.
No, I have not received one.
And I am not under order to say that.
Or that.
Or that.
etc... :)

> Does the madness ever end?

Just as soon as people stop being sheep and stand up for their rights.