[tor-relays] case law on for exit nodes

Rejo Zenger rejo at zenger.nl
Wed May 23 05:42:58 UTC 2012

On 23 mei 2012, at 00:20, Daniel Case wrote:

> Who knows about cases where the owner of Tor exit node was prosecuted or taken to court for information that was up- or downloaded using his/her Tor node? Basically, I'm looking for case law on running Tor exit-nodes.
>
> From the Legal FAQ:
> Has anyone ever been sued or prosecuted for running Tor?

Thanks for the pointer to the FAQ. Of course I did some research before asking and of course I had came across that FAQ already. However, I was pretty sure there have been cases more or less recently (in Germany for example) and I felt this FAQ must have been missing some cases. I could have added that when I sent my mail to this list. :)

But thanks a lot for the quick response.

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo at zenger.nl> . 0x21DBEFD4 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>
GPG encrypted e-mail preferred . +31.6.39642738 . @rejozenger