[tor-relays] case law on for exit nodes

Daniel Case danielcase10 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 22:20:54 UTC 2012

Hi Rejo,

On 22 May 2012 22:12, Rejo Zenger <rejo at zenger.nl> wrote:

> Who knows about cases where the owner of Tor exit node was prosecuted or
> taken to court for information that was up- or downloaded using his/her Tor
> node? Basically, I'm looking for case law on running Tor exit-nodes.

>From the Legal FAQ:

*Has anyone ever been sued or prosecuted for running Tor?*

*No*, we aren’t aware of anyone being sued or prosecuted in the United
States for running a Tor relay. Further, we believe that running a Tor
relay — including an exit relay that allows people to anonymously send and
receive traffic — is lawful under U.S. law.