[tor-relays] Configuring a Tor relay to *not* accept torrent traffic

Konstantinos Asimakis inshame at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:01:28 UTC 2012

You can't exactly filter torrent traffic since Tor filters are port based
and bittorrent can run on any port. The closest thing to what you seek
would be to block all ports other than 80 and 443 (which are for web
traffic). This will definitelly make your exit node a little less useful to
the network and still if someone uses one of this ports to bittorrent you
will be in the same situation. Of course would be very rare.

Also check out this:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReducedExitPolicy

Cheers.

-----