[tor-relays] bridge usage summary in vidalia bridge bundle

eliaz eliaz at tormail.org
Thu May 10 17:17:52 UTC 2012

When I installed Vidalia/Tor from vidalia-bridge-bundle-0.2.2.35-0.2.17,
the Bridge Usage Summary the program never appeared. This turned out to
be because by default the installed program points to geiop at
AppData\Roaming\tor\ . This is incorrect, the file is in
AppData\Local\Tor\ . Writing

GeoIPFile C:\...\...\AppData\Local\Tor\geoip

into torrc fixes this and now the Bridge Usage Summary appears.

I don't know if this is just a glitch of my machine (Vista x 64) or if
the code needs to be corrected, but I thought I'd report it.

By default the bridge bundle places files in three separate folders in
AppData\Local\ and Appdata\Roaming\ . Collecting these in one place
would make it a bit easier for the user to reconfigure if necessary. - eliaz
----
gpg: 0xE498E90D