[tor-relays] hardware accel option in tor alpha

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Sat Mar 31 19:32:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

I want to use the "hardware accel" feature with the actual tor alpha
version 0.2.3.12-alpha1. My CPUs support the Intel AES NI function
and the kernel module is enabled and running well.

Im running OpenSSL 1.0.1, the debian dev told me that there is
no dynamic loadable aes ni shipped though its supporting th function.
Im pretty confused about the options int the torrc right now.

I have enabled "hardware accel" but did not define any dynamic
loadable engine anymore because there is no one according to the
debian dev and also the output from "openssl engine". The debug log
does not show any enabled aes / evp functions what so ever.

Im stuck right now, does anybody have some advice, woudl be
awesome ;-) ?

Thanks

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach

Religion is something left over from the infancy of
our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt
reason and science as our guidelines.

Bertrand Arthur William Russell (1872-1970),
British philosopher, logician, mathematician,
historian, and social critic.