[tor-relays] Questions about exit enclaves

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Fri Mar 30 14:57:53 UTC 2012

On 30 March 2012 10:50, Konstantinos Asimakis <inshame at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be safer to accept connections only on port 80? Else he would be
> exposing the whole machine.

Hm.  I don't know.  If you have a local firewall that blocks access to
say, samba, from external addresses, but allows it locally - would tor
allow you to access the port, because it appears that the connection
from coming locally?

If you're already exposing port 22 on the internet, I would argue
allowing it through tor exit enclaving isn't increasing your risk any.
 But if tor lets you bypass the firewall - then there's a concern.

-tom