[tor-relays] ARM 1.4.5 has a very high cpu consumption

tor-admin tor-admin at torland.me
Sat Jun 9 19:22:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

today I updated arm from 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.5. After this update I noticed that
the arm display is very unresponsive. The arm cpu jumps ever couple of
seconds up to 90-100 %. If this happens arm does not update its display.
This can be observed on all pages. I monitor two high capacity nodes with
each about around 10K concurrent connections.

With 1.4.4.1 the arm cpu was normally below 5 %. The tor server runs debian
squeeze with python 2.6.6.

Is this a known issue? Any options other that downgrading back to 1.4.4.1?

Regards,

Klaus