[tor-relays] Call for discussion: turning funding into more exit relays

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Mon Jul 30 10:54:13 UTC 2012

On 24.07.2012 00:09, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> - What do you currently pay for hosting/bandwidth, and how much bandwidth
> do you get for that?

109 Euro for Gbit in Romania (Voxility/Limehost)
$400 each for Gbit in Budapest and USA (Axigy)*
300 Euro for 200 Mbps in Sweden
375 Euro for 200TB (~800 Mbps) in Netherlands (NForce)

*) currently down, should be back up within the next two months

 > - Is it a stable hosting situation? For example, how do they handle
> abuse complaints so far?

All good.

> - Is your hosting situation one where it could make sense for us to
> reimburse your bandwidth costs? (Some people have a deal through their
> employer, friend, etc where they don't pay for hosting.)

Totally.

> - Are you in a position to get more bandwidth if you pay more? At what
> rates? We're most interested in sponsoring >=100mbit relays.

Yes, at likely the same rates.

> - Do you have other locations in mind where you would run another exit
> relay if you didn't have to pay for it?

At the moment: No.

--
Moritz Bartl