[tor-relays] Call for discussion: turning funding into more exit relays

Webmaster webmaster at felononline.info
Mon Jul 30 03:55:06 UTC 2012

If I may be allowed to add my 2cents as a newbie...

Just found the website https://torstatus.blutmagie.de  Linked off the
https://www.torservers.net site.  If this is reliable, then stats would
be easy to determine.    List the say...top 5(random number) of each
country and support them?  If a particular country does not have the min
5 then run a contest... As other exit nodes reach a milestone in
say...uptime + Bandwidth + Location , they are added to the support
list.  This gives a goal for node operators to reach, and tells you they
are good system admins and should be taken care of.

A secondary with the "top 5 idea"  After the "top 5" are taken care of,
if there is money left over,  a voting system could be put into place
where the community could vote on which node to donate to OR the ability
to earmark their donations to particular nodes.