[tor-relays] Script to get top relays, AS and countries weights

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Jul 27 05:41:15 UTC 2012

On 7/26/12 4:50 PM, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> On 26.07.2012 16:39, delber wrote:
>> Compass is fine by me. Although, you have to admit that it does not say
>> more than `tor-relay-stats`.

I agree that Compass does not say more than tor-relay-stats.  But it's a
name, and once you know about it, it's much easier to refer to the thing
by using the name.  tor-relay-stats is not as useful as a name, because
it's long and trying to be descriptive.  But tor-relay-stats can be
pretty much anything.  metrics.tpo is full of Tor relay stats. ;)

> I opt for tor-relay-stats. I don't believe a helper script needs a made
> up name that doesn't say anything :)

Maybe, yes.  Not feeling strongly, sticking with tor-relay-stats. :)

Best,
Karsten