[tor-relays] Negative impact of MaxOnionsPending 250?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Jul 26 15:11:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

We sometimes see "Your computer is too slow to handle this many circuit
creation requests!" on our servers. Scott Bennett suggested to set
MaxOnionsPending to 250 instead of the default of 100, which at least
makes the warnings disappear. [1]

I am thinking about modifying out torrc template we use as as basis for
all servers. What is the negative impact of setting MaxOnionsPending to
250? Should we instead reduce the bandwidth as suggested in the warning?

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2012-May/001352.html
--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/