[tor-relays] Paid exit nodes

Brock Tice brock at anfani.com
Wed Jul 25 17:54:56 UTC 2012

Hi, I saw the story on Slashdot. I currently run an exit node
(anfanillc) with a bandwidth limit. I have a decent uplink, though in
bandwidth tests I see closer to 40 Mbps than 100 Mbps. I think
$100/month would be plenty to defray the costs of removing the bandwidth
limit. Maybe even less, I can talk with my ISP. I'm not charged for
bandwidth right now, but my DC has to pay the ISP for it. I've already
got my IP SWIPed and all that good stuff. Prior to this I've run exit
nodes on and off for years without too much trouble, mostly DMCA takedowns.

--Brock