[tor-relays] Call for discussion: turning funding into more exit relays

Jon torance.ca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:17:45 UTC 2012

 I am impressed with the amount of good discussion so far, in stead of the
' mine is better than yours ' syndrome or ' i know more than you ' .

Along with what has been discussed and beginning proposals so far, in the
infancy here, What about finding a way, if not to much of a headache,
trying to utilize some of the exit relays we already have that their
allocated bandwidth is not being used now.

I know their are some factor that need to be considered, and the latest is
the balancing that was recently incorporated into the Tor system, which
was  brought up in earlier threads.

It would be nice for those people that already have a server running, that
have the sources to be able to use more of their bandwidth.

I can only speak for my self here, but I know that I had hoped that when I
started a exit relay, that more of my bandwidth would be used. Which at the
present on a dedicated server is at very minimal usage..

Just food for thought  :)

Jon