[tor-relays] Call for discussion: turning funding into more exit relays

Nils Vogels bacardicoke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:23:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org>wrote:

> Thus spake kupo at damnfbi.tk (kupo at damnfbi.tk):
>
> > Hey all,
> > Have you contemplated sending this over to the hackerspaces list?
>
> There exists THE list for hackerspaces? Well hot damn. Are these them:

Yeah, that's the one :-)

> Is there a specific sub-list we should focus on? Announce? Discuss?
> Other?

Probably the main list, possibly discuss.

> Also, how do we recognize reputable Hackerspaces from "Sketchy bunch of
> d00dz who think it will be totally awesome fun to pwn a bunch of Tor
> users?" Should we check for previous reliable Tor relays from them?
> Should we just not care?

It's funny this comes up now :) I know for a fact that most Dutch
hackerspaces either run a tor node, or have a member running a Tor node.
Their motives have never been questioned, so why start now :)

In most countries there is a foundation covering multiple hackerspaces,
these are usually where you'd want to start. If you need some more contacts
in the Benelux and UK area, I can lend a hand.
--
Simple guidelines to happiness:
Work like you don't need the money,