[tor-relays] How do I run more than one tor instance on an exit node?

Name Withheld survivd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 22:35:06 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

My old host shut down my exit node for abuse complaints (forum spam, of
all things...), and I just got up and running again on a new host in
Romania.  It's fast and works well (250+ mbps to 1gbps depending on time
of day), the only trouble is I seem to get hardly any traffic passed to
me from other nodes ( ~600k/s).  My node in the Netherlands was getting
up to 24000k/s.

CPU and RAM use are really low (< 5%), so I'd like to set up additional
tor instances on my node to use up the wasted resources, but I don't see
any docs on how to do this on linux (CLI only, no gui).  Could someone
please let me know what I need to change to run more than one instance
of my node on the same server?

If it matters, I'm using Debian x64.

Thanks!!