[tor-relays] This is what you get....compile problem OSX10.4

Geoff Down geoffdown at fastmail.net
Mon Jan 23 19:56:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012, at 02:33 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Geoff Down <geoffdown at fastmail.net>
> wrote:
> > Can anyone help with this please?
> >
> > % sudo ./configure --with-libevent-dir=/opt/local/lib/ && make && make
> > install
> > -> checking for libevent directory... configure: WARNING: We found the
> > libraries for libevent, but we could not find the C header files.  You
> > may need to install a devel package.
>

> "/opt/local/" seems like a better bet than "/opt/local/lib" .
 Thanks, that got me further, and moving the source to an admin user's
 home and chowning it got me a bit further still.
The last few lines of the output are

/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
_EVP_sha256
_RSA_generate_key_ex
_SHA256
_SHA256_Final
_SHA256_Init
_SHA256_Update
_CRYPTO_ctr128_encrypt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [tor-gencert] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

- I assume this is a failure? Does it matter that there is a symlink
already at /usr/bin/tor?
GD