[tor-relays] bandwidth scanner status ?

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Thu Jan 19 22:07:05 UTC 2012

Thus spake Sebastian Urbach (sebastian at urbach.org):

> I want to ask for an status update regarding the bandwidth scanner
> project. It's been 3 weeks or so since we last heard anything.

PID feedback has been off since I last notified the list about
shutting it off, on Dec 19th.

Some consensus params have changed due to dirauth instability, consensus
method chnge, and confusion. In particular, the bwauthpid=1 param was
explicitly set and unset a few times, and then set again, but the bw
auths remained in their former "Section 2 compatible" mode of
operation because no other feedback params were set for the duration.

See
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torflow.git/blob/HEAD:/NetworkScanners/BwAuthority/README.spec.txt#l477
for more info on the consensus params that alter bw auth behavior, and
please read the rest of the spec if you're interested in getting more
involved.

--
Mike Perry
Exterminate all dogma.