[tor-relays] Authorities: what is up?

Sebastian Hahn mail at sebastianhahn.net
Fri Jan 13 14:00:17 UTC 2012

On Jan 13, 2012, at 2:57 PM, Klaus Layer wrote:

> Sebastian Hahn <mail at sebastianhahn.net> wrote on 13.01.2012:
>

>> Ah, I see. ides not having a current consensus is different from ides
>> being down. Ides still is running the stable Tor version and needs to be
>> upgraded to 0.2.3.x to be allowed to vote along with the other dirauths,
>> so it doesn't immediately know about the new consensus. I don't know
>> when ides will be upgraded, but I hope the answer is soon.
> But warnings like
>
> 13:28:48 [WARN] Received http status code 404 ("Not found") from server
> '216.224.124.114:9030' while fetching consensus directory.
>
> are pretty new. I did not notice them the last several months. Therefore I
> think something happened.
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaus

Yes, until a few days ago ides was - when it was online - voting along
with the other dirauths. Now that the other dirauths upgraded, ides is
left out and the warning happens. We might want to silence the warning,
as we don't warn when a dirauth is totally offline, and the user can't
actually do anything to fix this.