[tor-relays] Authorities: what is up?

Sebastian Hahn mail at sebastianhahn.net
Fri Jan 13 10:27:43 UTC 2012

On Jan 13, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Klaus Layer wrote:

> Sebastian Hahn <mail at sebastianhahn.net> wrote on 13.01.2012:
>>
>> We've had quite a bit of trouble making a consensus in the past few
>> days, tho these issues have been resolved as of two days ago or so.
>> There were quite a few maintenance issues with the dirauths, and not all
>> have been resolved yet, but a large enough fraction should be online so
>> this would continue without too much of a problem.
>>
>> Ides is reachable for me, how are you testing that it is unavailable?
>>
>> Sebastian
>
> Two of my nodes reported this morning that ides is unavailable:
>
> 09:09:31 [WARN] Received http status code 404 ("Not found") from server
> '216.224.124.114:9030' while fetching consensus directory.
>
> 09:22:43 [WARN] Received http status code 404 ("Not found") from server
> '216.224.124.114:9030' while fetching consensus directory.
>
> But I just checked again
>
> http://216.224.124.114:9030/tor/status-vote/current/consensus
>
> and its working now.
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaus

Ah, I see. ides not having a current consensus is different from ides
being down. Ides still is running the stable Tor version and needs to be
upgraded to 0.2.3.x to be allowed to vote along with the other dirauths,
so it doesn't immediately know about the new consensus. I don't know
when ides will be upgraded, but I hope the answer is soon.