[tor-relays] Authorities: what is up?

Klaus Layer klaus.layer at gmx.de
Fri Jan 13 10:06:26 UTC 2012

Sebastian Hahn <mail at sebastianhahn.net> wrote on 13.01.2012:

> We've had quite a bit of trouble making a consensus in the past few
> days, tho these issues have been resolved as of two days ago or so.
> There were quite a few maintenance issues with the dirauths, and not all
> have been resolved yet, but a large enough fraction should be online so
> this would continue without too much of a problem.
>
> Ides is reachable for me, how are you testing that it is unavailable?
>
> Sebastian

Two of my nodes reported this morning that ides is unavailable:

09:09:31 [WARN] Received http status code 404 ("Not found") from server
'216.224.124.114:9030' while fetching consensus directory.

09:22:43 [WARN] Received http status code 404 ("Not found") from server
'216.224.124.114:9030' while fetching consensus directory.

But I just checked again

http://216.224.124.114:9030/tor/status-vote/current/consensus

and its working now.

Thanks for the quick response.