[tor-relays] consensus update request

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Sun Jan 8 14:30:49 UTC 2012

     Thanks, Sebastian, for the very quick reply.
     On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:12:25 +0100 Sebastian Hahn <mail at sebastianhahn.net>
wrote:
>On Jan 8, 2012, at 3:09 PM, Scott Bennett wrote:
>
>>     The last consensus document expired about 15 hours ago.  I understand
>> that the authority operators and tor developers are probably occupied with
>> fixing whatever is the trouble, but if someone in that group of individuals
>> can spare a moment to fill us in on what is happening, I, for one, would
>> greatly appreciate it.
>>     FWIW, I think a page on the torproject.org web site for very brief
>> status updates on extraordinary situations like this one would be a good
>> and helpful addition.
>>     Thanks much, and best of luck getting things working right again.
>
>People are indeed working to restore service. Currently it looks like

     Glad to know that.

>two authorities are completely offline, and a couple others are too
>overloaded to function properly wrt voting.

     Hmm.  Will this situation, then, result in a renewed effort to find
a few more people to run authorities?

>In the meantime you might like
>https://metrics.torproject.org/consensus-health.html which monitors the
>consensus.

     Thanks for that, too.  It's not what I had in mind, but it is
interesting, nonetheless.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG