[tor-relays] 30% drop in exit throughput since Feb 8

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Feb 19 06:36:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:32:24AM +0100, krugar wrote:
> On 02/14/2012 08:40 PM, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> > Noisetor is showing a significant, sustained drop in bandwidth usage
> > starting approximately February 7-8.  We've checked our setup and logs
> > and there doesn't appear to be any sign of a causative factor here.
> >
> > Throughout January and the first week of February we were averaging
> > 400-500 Mbps.  There was a pretty smooth decline down on the 8th,
> > stabilizing at a "new normal" of 200-300 Mbps which we've maintained
> > since then.  (All these numbers are based on Munin graphs of eth0
> > throughput using the if_ plugin.)

We've seen some recovery since February 15th, with sustained stretches
over 400 Mbps the last three days.

The daily low points are still lower than was normal before February 7.

So there were about 6 days that we were much slower than expected, then
back up to a more normal usage.

Very puzzling, but I guess we'll just keep an eye on it.

-andy