[tor-relays] Can bridge run in tiny VPS

krugar tor-admin at krugar.de
Tue Feb 14 09:46:22 UTC 2012

On 02/14/2012 02:42 AM, tor-relays at nickcoleman.org wrote:
> Bandwidth is 500GB up and down per month.   Tor can have half of this
> (note the up *and* down).

excerpt of config from my torrc (running 0.2.2.35):

RelayBandwidthRate  150 KBytes
RelayBandwidthBurst 300 KBytes
ExitPolicy reject *:*

traffic stats from my hoster for 01/2012:

222.78 GB IN / 225.37 GB OUT / 448.14 GB TOTAL

note that this is a public relay with open directory port, but without
obfusproxy. i can't tell how much overhead you will get from running
OBFS (and how much idle time you get as a bridge). still, for the first
month you might want to tune your BandwidthRates with 20% overhead in
mind, just to be on the safe side.