[tor-relays] HardwareAccel

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Feb 3 17:47:59 UTC 2012

On 03.02.2012 17:27, Sebastian Urbach wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use the HardwareAccel feature correctly ?
> Somehow im not able to get this working on my Intel cpus wit the
> hardware AES engine built in. It would be great to get it up and
> running because 24 cores could do some nice work for tor ;-)

The cores don't help much. Depending on your bandwidth you have to run
one Tor process per core.

AES Crypto Acceleration instructions:
https://www.torservers.net/wiki/setup/server#aes-ni_crypto_acceleration

At high bandwidth, enabling RPS helps too (symptom: core 0 is maxed):
https://www.torservers.net/wiki/setup/server#receive_packet_steering_rps

I missed you at 28c3, let us meet up again some day!

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/