[tor-relays] Tor relay system & uptime requirements

Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> bastik.tor at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 2 18:15:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

it was not recommended to run an exit on an connection that's used for
private traffic. It could be your IP that gets caught downloading
copyrighted material. (Might not apply in your case)

Should you still consider it, please read:
https://blog.torproject.org/running-exit-node

> Now, what about the uptime issue ?  Is it worth (again in a Tor network
> perspective) installing a bridge on a computer which is up only a few
> hours a day ?

Yes. I got told by an Tor official that such a bridge is useful. The
longer the better, but a few hours is OK.

Regards,
bastik_tor