[tor-relays] Disappointing AUP - (was Re: DDOS?)

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Mon Dec 31 15:52:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:03:46 +0000
Daniel Case <danielcase10 at gmail.com> allegedly wrote:

> This might be a bit of a shameless plug, but I used to use bitfolk (
> bitfolk.com) - they have a generous allowance of bandwidth and allow
> tor as long as you set it up correctly.

Daniel

I looked at bitfolk a while ago. They don't offer nearly enough
transfer for a tor node or for my tails mirror (I want at least 1TB per
month for each of them).

For my own domestic usage (email/web server) I need a good solid stable
provider and have been with bytemark for several years (most latterly on
bigv.io). They are rock solid (and I have run a tor node with them in
the past) but they don't offer the bandwidth I need at the price I am
prepared to pay either. (Two reasonably high bandwidth VPS at bytemark
prices would come to around 100 UKP per month (say 160 USD per month).

Call me cheap, but I do this for free.

Mick

blog: baldric.net
gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312