[tor-relays] Current state of v0.2.3.x IPv6 bridges?

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Fri Aug 31 18:38:46 UTC 2012

I'm wondering about the benefit of running abridge on an IPv6 address.

Since the big announcement last December that v0.2.3.9 supports IPv6 addresses for bridges, I've read a few comments to the affect that BridgDB doesn't understand IPv6 addresses.

So... what is the state of publishing IPv6 bridge addresses?  Will clients requesting a bridge address ever be given an IPv6 address?  Can a client specifically request an IPv6 address (or IPv4 address, for that matter)?

Thanks.