[tor-relays] Operating a sponsored relay II

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Aug 31 10:32:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is not necessarily true. You will be able to find ISPs willing to
host Tor exits.

We have documented how we approach ISPs at
https://www.torservers.net/wiki/hoster/inquiry

Also see
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs

And
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorExitGuidelines
On 31.08.2012 00:35, Dude wrote:
> My research is telling me I can not host a Tor relay at most retail ISPs because it is perceived as an "open relay" and these cause a lot of headaches for ISPs.
>
> So that leaves colo, but this gets expensive fast.  This is very expensive outside the USA.  Could I work as an agent of torservers.net?  Is there a FAQ listing friendly ISPs?
>

> I understand the need for documentation and receipts for expenses.  It might be helpful to get quarterly payments instead of monthly.
>
> I was thinking of an USA Llc. for protection.  Looking at my notes I now remember an 's-corp' is better for a single owner (simple corporation).  Here is a link to the US commercial code for s-corps:
> http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title26/html/USCODE-2011-title26-subtitleA-chap1-subchapS-partI-sec1361.htm
>
> I would be happy to document the process of setting up a US s-corp. if I create one.
>
> Cheers!

Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/