[tor-relays] "Relay info kit" for Tor exits

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Aug 24 00:40:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 09:15:46AM -0400, Tom Ritter wrote:
> It would be good to add the exit IP to services that allow Tor Exits
> to register to proactively stop abuse emails.
>
> http://www.blocklist.de is one I had to add mine to within the first month.

Is this generally accepted as a good idea?

What are the implications to signing yourself up on the list -- that
is, what services are you asking to block your users?

I guess I'm torn, since preemptively choosing to make your relay less
useful to users is both bad and good here.

I wish more services would consider
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq-abuse#Bans

--Roger