[tor-relays] Help the Tor Project by running a fast unpublished bridge

Lorenz Kirchner znerol2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:42:08 UTC 2012

Hi Philipp

> Perhaps it's better to focus on improved bridge distribution strategies
> [0] and
> hard-to-block transport protocols [1]. Also, that would be a universal
> solution
> which would also help in other countries and not a specific - and probably
> hard
> to maintain - Chinese-only solution.

But how would tor help people that do not have direct access to outside the
gfw? actually many 'consumer' ISP in China now seem to have separate NATed
networks that can't even connect to each other and they seem to route
international requests if they allow them at all to special third-party
providers who will handle the filtering (I guess)

I still feel that a kind of 'peering relay' is needed for speed and to
allow access for those users at all...