[tor-relays] [tor-assistants] Call for discussion: turning funding into more exit relays

Linus Nordberg linus at torproject.org
Wed Aug 15 04:17:10 UTC 2012

Martin Algö <m.algoe at gmail.com> wrote
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:39:07 +0200:

| It's funny that you mention dfri.se, because they e-mailed me (and all
| swedish relay operators i believe) yesterday and I'm lurking in their IRC
| channel (and #tor) as I write this.
[...]

Yes, DFRI emailed some 85 Swedish relay operators in an effort to make
contact with more people experienced in running Tor relays in
Sweden. We'd like to collect knowledge about what kind of trouble you
might run into and let other people know. Our hypothesis is that it's
easy to run a relay in Sweden.

| 2012/8/14 Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu>
[...]
| > Good idea. Do you know about dfri.se? They are running some fast exit
| > relays in Sweden in an organized way. I bet they could help with the
| > legal side. I agree that it would be great to have some equivalent of the
| > Tor Legal FAQ written with Sweden in mind. I'm cc'ing Linus (from dfri)
| > in case he has any thoughts here.

Our goal is definitely to be able to help out with legal issues related
to running a Tor relay. We're not there yet though -- we simply lack the
legal expertise and the contacts needed.