[tor-relays] "Relay info kit" for Tor exits at universities

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sat Aug 11 18:39:28 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:
> - Georgia Tech (Dave Dagon)

This is fantastic news, I used to run an exit relay out of my dorm
room at Georgia Tech. It was a bit of a pain to get set up initially —
ResNET and OIT didn't really understand the concept, but ended up
letting me run it. I've been wanting to set something up with the
College of Computing or GTRI for a while now, so it's good to see that
this is being done. Let me know if you need any help (I'll get in
touch with Dave and mention it to him as well).

> - We should set up a mailing list for university relay operators to share
> experiences and feel solidarity. I'll also encourage them to sign up here.
> We might also post a list of university Tor exits somewhere obvious,
> so new ones can gain more confidence in the idea.

Both great ideas. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of feedback on
these issues except to say that I love the idea, and I'm glad to see
that Georgia Tech (which has substantial network resources) will be on
board.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited